By Nancy Birss Several members of the New Dundee Women’s Institute (NDWI) gathered on June 21st to celebrate the 115th Anniversary of their branch. The NDWI began on June 19, 1907. A history of NDWI was recounted by Eleanor Berry, a member for more than 50 years. We reminisced about the events of the past: teas, and hat and wedding shows that were organized by our Women’s Institute. Strawberry shortcake was enjoyed by all. While the COVID years have taken their toll on many groups, a revitalized smaller group is dedicated to carrying on the local branch with the WI motto ‘For Home and Country.’ We are part of a provincial, national and international organization for women. The Federated Women's Institutes of Ontario (FWIO) promotes inclusive and supportive social networking for community action and personal growth. The organization offers educational programs and advocate for social, environmental and economic change. It is a not-for-profit charitable organization with international affiliations. The new leadership team of Eleanor Berry, Nancy Birss, Patty Clarke, and Judy Lewis was installed in April. Our May meeting saw a dedicated group collecting items for Ukrainian refugee families in Waterloo Region and learning more from Stephanie Goertz, head of the local Grassroots organization in support of Ukraine refugees. The July meeting will be High Tea and a tour of the ‘Toys Through Time’ exhibit at Castle Kilbride, and our August meeting will see us travel to St. George to the birthplace homestead and museum of Women’s Institute founder, Adelaide Hoodless. The WI was founded in 1897 in Stoney Creek, Ontario. A New Dundee Women’s Institute commemorative plaque unveiling will took place at 10 a.m. June 28th at the New Dundee Park Bandshell. All were welcome. NDWI always welcomes visitors and potential new members at any of our meetings and events. Come and see what we’re all about. We are WI Women Inspiring Change. Please contact Nancy Birss at email@example.com or 519-696-2608.